The University Club Fitness Center is an amenity available for PITT Faculty and Staff through University Club monthly Membership. This facility boasts 5,000 square feet of renovated space to provide state-of-the-art cardiovascular and resistance training equipment.
Exercise physiology students and senior staff affiliated with the Healthy Lifestyle Institute manage the Fitness Center, and membership includes gym and equipment orientations to get you started. Regular incentive programs and campaigns are incorporated into our programming to keep you motivated. Personalized Fitness Programming is also included at no additional cost - learn more here.
HOURS OF OPERATION
Monday - Friday 6AM - 7PM
Alleviate stress and enjoy the camaraderie of your peers as you work out in a center designed solely for the use of faculty and staff. The fitness center offers a wide range of fitness equipment, exercise classes, and health promotion programs including:
- A full line of cardio equipment that includes treadmills, upright and recumbent cycles, and cross-training equipment. Cardio Theater is available on all cardio equipment, which allows each piece of equipment to have its own television screen and allows the user to access a variety of cable television stations based on personal preference.
- “Expresso” cardio equipment that allows for healthy competition between users or individually using video gaming technology.
- A full line of Precor C-line resistance training equipment, which is the most current state-of-the-art resistance training equipment available.
GROUP EXERCISE CLASSES
All activity classes are included in the monthly membership.
PERSONALIZE FITNESS PROGRAMMING
Personalized fitness programming is included and encouraged for each member.
For your convenience, all membership have access to locker room and shower facilities with towel service.
New information each month highlighting our programming and including new tips, tricks, and recipes too.
EXERCISE OF THE MONTH
the monthly featured exercise to enhance your workout.
BECOME A MEMBER OF OUR FITNESS FAMILY TODAY!
Steps to Register:
- Become a University Club Member. Follow the "Join the UCLUB" button.
- After joining, visit the front desk of the fitness center and let the staff know that you are a new member and request entrance forms.
- Important: You will be required to complete the following entrance forms prior to starting the the fitness center. Follow the "Fitness Center Forms" button.
- Health Information Form
- Some participants may be required to complete an additional Physician's Consent to Participate Form (staff will assist).
- University Club Fitness Center Release Form
- Health Information Form
- Get moving - work with the staff to determine your physical activity and health goals.